Thursday, July 1, 2010

Free agency and.. GASP! CP3??!!?

Yes sir its that time of year where teams try to lure prospective players away from their current situations so that they will play for them. In other words; free agency. teams are now allowed to talk to free agents and try to swoon them. Please note that no one can officially sign until July 8th, but it doesn't hurt to get a head start. This is no ordinary draft class however, no no no. Big time names like Dwayne Wade, Chris Bosh, and of course the anointed one, LeBron James, are on all on the table. where will they go? who knows. The Blazers probably don't have a significant chance of landing one of those players. The free agents the Blazers are looking at include the likes of Wesley Mathews, Kyle Korver, and Anthony Morrow. All of these players are fairly legit but there is a question on whether the Blazers can offer them enough to lure them from their respective teams. All these players seem to shooting guards or small forwards, the Blazers could really use a point, i wonder who could be had... Wait, what? the Blazers are taking aim at Chris FREAKING Paul??? one of, if not THE best point guards in the game? i'm impressed, the Blazers are taking a run at a superstar and regardless of whther they get him or not, this tells me they want to win and they want to do it now. Last week during the draft the Hornets and Blazers were discussing a deal that would have sent Joel Przybilla, Andre Miller, Nicolas Batum, Jerryd Bayless and the 22nd pick for CP3. Apparently this deal was very close to going down and the Blazers look like they are still pushing hard to land Paul, I would freak out. Roy and Paul in the same back court? legendary. I would hate to loose these players, especially Nic and Bayless but fora once in a lifetime point guard? sorry guys. i have my doubts this will happen but I'm also hopeful and you should be too because this rumor is hanging around. I love free agency! check back for updates as they happen!
P.S. Danny Ferry seems to be the front runner in the GM search, he had an interview and is apparently mulling it over. He wouldn't be a bad pick up, he's a guy cut from the same cloth as KP, both went through the San Antonio front office before getting their own teams, I'll keep you posted on this as well. Go Blazers!

Doc

1 comment:

  1. okay WHAT THE FUCK, Pryzbilla, I soo disagree with you there dude. I would NOT NOT want to give up Pryzbilla, for NOTHING AT ALL. I know its just a rumor, just a rumor..but Pryz next to Roy is one of my favs, I love the 3 main ones of course (Roy, Aldridge, Oden) but I would fucking cry if they traded him. I dont know anything about this "legend" but Andre Miller is pretty decent, and as you know him and Roy clashed on the court pretty well,
    What I wanna know is why LeBron James is going away from the Cavilears...lots of crazy shit going down.

    ReplyDelete